Thursday, November 5, 2009

God's Supply

"Blessed are those whose strength is in You,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
they go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion...
O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in You."
Psalm 84:5-7,12

The word baca means tears or weeping. Though the Valley of Baca was an actual location in Palestine, the imagery the psalmist used in this sojourner's song is unmistakable. When life gets hard or we simply feel "worn to a frazzle," as my grandmother would say, it's time to take a deep breath and remind ourselves this place is not our home. We're just passing through on our way to a heavely Kingdom. We are pilgrims here. The supply of "strength to strength" implies the demand. In other words, as long as we're here, we're going to need it. And as long as we need it, God's going to supply it.--FEATHERS FROM MY NEST by Beth Moore

Yesterday wasn't such a good day. But I am so, so blessed. Instead of going to church - I had to get the grocery shopping done because I had plans to clean out the boys' bedroom today. Once I leave the house during the day, it seems my whole day disappears so I was determined to get the shopping done last night. I was so discouraged because of the way the house looked. Why bother cleaning it when no one else helps to pick it back up? How can I expect the boys to keep their room picked up when the mess that's created from too much stuff is just overwhelming them - kind of like my house does me! Scott - recognizing a cry for help - stayed home from church and got the house all picked up. He wanted to make sure that I could have a head start on the next day. Wow. He didn't have to do that. But he did. Cause he loves me... how thankful I am for him. Love love love him. Blessed am I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment