Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bravissimo!!

I took my niece Abby and my boys to Walmart. Clay won 2nd place at the football game for his Halloween costume last week... Indiana Jones. What did he win? A $20 visa card! He was pretty stoked to spend it! He knew exactly what he wanted too - a Lego Camper - complete with surfboard! We finally made it to the Lego section and much to his dismay - they were out of the camper. So we settled on space police K-9 and tow truck. I can't let Clay get something and not get anything for the other two. Abby settled on a "flute" and Nolan got a GI Joe action figure that he currently cannot find (that's another blog...). After making our purchases we headed back out to the van. As Abby buckled herself in, I asked her if I could see her flute. Nolan informed me that it was called a recorder, not a flute. Thank you Mr. Information...

I took the flute/recorder and placed my fingers on all the holes and blew gently. I didn't have six years of clarinet for nothing! It wasn't exactly in tune but hey - I still got it! But it left quickly. haha ... After hearing my little scale Clay started to clap and said "Mom! Bravissimo!"
"Bravissimo??" I said with a chuckle.
"Yeah, it means good job!" he replied with a smile.
"That was sweet - thanks! Okay - let's go!"
I climbed into the van while Nolan was asking Abby to play the flute/recorder. She told him just a minute and played a little tune/note herself. To which Nolan shouted: "Rub-O! Rub-O!" as he clapped. I got so tickled. Clay looked at me with a knowing grin - "I think he means bravo," he whispered. I winked at him and it was our little secret. So the rest of the ride home, the van was filled with one note whistles with clapping and shouting. "Rub-O! Rub-O!" You just gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Very good that you are recording these little gems for your family.

    ReplyDelete