Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Even this??

It's been a down day. Woke up weepy for some reason. Probably because the dog wouldn't let me sleep much. Clay was up with a monstrous bloody nose. Forgot that I hadn't washed towels for the next day. Washing towels in the middle of the night. Perhaps I'm just getting too old to keep those kind of hours! How do I give thanks in all things? "Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18) Okay Lord - does it still count even if I give thanks in all things begrudgingly? Probably not.....

I have started 30 Days of Thanksgiving and I needed to sit down today and really be thankful. It was hard at first because I just felt like I didn't have the energy to be thankful. I would rather lay on the couch and pout about what a rotten day it was. But this is not God's will for me. So I chose to be thankful - even when I didn't feel thankful. And you know what - I AM thankful. The more things I thought of - the more I realized how much I have to be thankful for. And so grateful to family and friends that love me - despite my shortcomings. And to a gracious God who is long-suffering and slow to anger ... thank You. For everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment