Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Do What Comes Next

The dishes are waiting in the sink. The laundry is piled high - ready to be washed. There's toys scattered across the living room floor. There's homework to be done. Dinner to be cooked. Baths to be taken. .... and yet - fall is calling. There is a large pile of multi-colored crackly leaves outside ready to jump in. The air is cool - but oh, so nice for a bike ride down our dead end road. That sounds really nice but - I don't ride bikes. It's been 2 days since I did dishes. The laundry hasn't been done in 4 days. The dog is annoyingly barking at nothing outside. The boys are playing the Wii and fighting over a stack of Ritz crackers.(heavy sigh) Even in the midst of this chaos - I am still blessed. I once had a friend tell me that when everything needs to be done at once and you don't even know where to start - you just do what comes next. So, I'm going to plow through this mess - again - and be so thankful that I have a housefull of kids to make this mess. And remember those that aren't able to have children. I am going to load that dirty laundry in the washer and be so thankful for the ability to still care for my family. I am going to do those dishes and praise God that there's always plenty of food for those dishes. Toys, homework, dinner, baths - I'll take it. Love it. Cherish it. It won't last forever - and I'll miss it when it's gone. But then again - in twenty years I may look back on these moments and ask myself "why didn't I hire a housekeeper??" LOL Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment