Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We Were Just Kids

 We were just kids... the older I get, the more I seem to realize the truth of that statement! Twenty one years ago today I said "I do". "I do" to what? Oh, there have been lots of things "I do'd"! First and foremost, I did to love ... awww - I know, take a moment. I can remember a vivid moment when my mother told me, "you never really know a man till you live with him." That woman continues to be wise beyond her years. But, I digress....

Some of the things I said "I do" to:

   Love             A best friend      Laughter         Confidant

       Strength             Dreams              Mallory               Clay   

            Nolan          Growing up           Growing older                 Wisdom                  

                 Comfort                   Forever                 Truth                Joys     

        Sorrows                 Wishes          Hopes              Completion

I wouldn't trade any of these things for the entire world. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have done anything differently. We wouldn't be who we are today without this road we have traveled together. We would have missed that champagne cork rolling off the balcony of our hotel room. The year in Oklahoma City. Milk crates for end tables. A battery cable on fire. Spaghetti from a box. A small dog that ate furniture. The birth of a beautiful daughter. The three months in Wichita. A huge garage sale ridding ourselves of all things baby... The birth of a baby boy. Our first home. An ice storm. Making it through a nine day power outage. Our growing up years in Blackwell. The crazy lady in the alley. The birth of another boy. Moving "back home". God growing us and using us in ways we would never have imagined twenty one years ago. Have there been hard times? Yep. Will there be more? Most likely. But knowing that the good times far outweigh the bad times is complete joy to me. And knowing the wonderful man God gave me will be right there by my side makes all the difference. Scott, I love you - and I'm looking forward to the next fifty anniversaries! 

1 comment: