Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trading Despair for Peace

"Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel." Phil. 4:6-7

For the time being, this is going to be my life verse. It's been a hard week. I have really struggled with panic attacks - which in itself brings on bouts of guilt... how much faith do I have? I keep praying and giving my anxiety to the Lord but then I turn around and pick it right back up. Grrrrr. It's so frustrating. So many things on my mind right now. But I am standing on promises from God's word. "No weapon forged against me will prevail." My steps are directed by God Himself. He is my shield and rampart(a broad elevation or mound of earth raised as a fortification around a place and usually capped with a stone or earth parapet). I trust that He's working everything out. In the words of Beth Moore, I cannot deny fear - but I can deny the authority of it over my life... "I praise You God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank You that you knit me together in my mother's womb. There is no unseen thing in me. Help me to lean NOT to my own understanding but to look to You who sets my feet in high places. Your ways and thoughts are higher than mine. I trust You and cast all my fears, anxiety, and worries on You because You care for me. Your yolk is easy and Your burden is light. God, give me beauty for ashes and strength for fear, gladness for mourning and peace for despair. In the mighty name of Jesus, I rebuke any power or stronghold that satan would use against me. I turn my heart toward Your precepts and ask that You would fill me with Your peace that passes all understanding. I pray that You would place a hedge of protection around my mind and use it only for Your glory. In Jesus' precious name, AMEN."

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful writer. I just love how your words are so descriptive. You con't to be the love of my life and you keep getting better with time. I want you to know that. Keep writing and keep walking with God. He will deliver you in his time and I will be right here with you. Love, me

    ReplyDelete