Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Prison of Panic

 
 If you have never had one, be thankful. If you have, God bless you. What people call panic attacks is more like a personalized fear chamber that seems inescapable. Panic episodes for each person is so individualized - what makes me panic might not even phase someone else. But it all starts with the same thing... one little thought. Cast directly from the fingertips of Satan - and then you are trapped in torture for an amount of time that seems like forever. I am on a daily journey of asking God to renew my mind. I am a daughter of the King of Kings! He hasn't given me a spirit of fear but a spirit of power and a sound mind! My panic moments always revolve around my health. When I had my kidney stone about four weeks ago - my mind has been a consistent prison. Worrying about going to the doctor over one little thing - she'll think I'm crazy. Maybe I don't want to know what that one little thing is... but being afraid NOT to go to the doctor - back and forth... back and forth... Oh, and it doesn't stop with what's wrong... it travels the full length of the "what if's" line. And then combining that with worrying about actually saying out loud what I fear most - if I speak it - give it a name .... Lord, help me. Pray with me for the renewing of my mind. Pray for a guard around my heart. And pray for my sweet family as they put up with me and my issues. I am trusting that God is delivering me. I believe in His sovereignty. And at the end of the day - I believe God is still good.

"We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. Our weapons have power from God that can destroy the enemy's strong places. We destroy people's arguments and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ."
2 Cor. 10:4-5

"God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control." 2 Tim. 1:7

"The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you. Don't be afraid and don't worry." Deut. 31:8

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Rom. 12:2

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." John 10:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment