Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clean Pickles

After a recent visit to the ER, I dropped off some prescriptions at the pharmacy. I was very hungry at the time so decided to have a sandwich and salad at our local pizza eatery. Gobbled up my salad and got my sandwich/fries/pickle to go. I was excited that the boys would have a surprise snack after school! After picking up Nolan, while he was diving into the fries, that sandwich kept looking at me. I finally couldn't resist and took a couple of bites... toasted, ham and turkey, melted cheese - really good. I asked Nolan if he wanted the pickle. He looked at the pickle and then looked at me. "No, I only eat clean pickles." Some of the toasted crumbs from the sandwich had fallen onto the pickle. I laughed. "It is clean, honey. It's just crumbs from the bread." He looked at it again almost as if he didn't believe me. "No, thank you." Well, at least he has good manners!

No comments:

Post a Comment